Instagram is an image & video-sharing platform that connects people all around the world. It was launched in 2010, now it has more than 1 billion active users and it is still increasing. Instagram is one of the best social media platforms with a large audience which helps to grow your business online. It is all about sharing photos and videos but, you can share rich content, inspiring stories about your brand through visuals. That attracts more customers, increases brand awareness, and promotes your business to a wide range of audiences.
In this blog post, you are going to learn about the benefits of an Instagram business account, steps for creating an Instagram business account, Optimizing the account, and increasing followers.
Benefits of Instagram Business Account
- Advertise on Instagram and Promote posts.
- Advanced audience targeting
- Instagram insights
- Add links on Instagram stories
- Add contact button
Steps to create an Instagram business account
1. Getting Started
To create an Instagram business account. First, you need to download the Instagram app on your mobile phone (or) you can use your laptop browser to search for “Instagram” to create an account.
2. Create Account
For creating an account you need an Email address,
- You can choose your existing Facebook account to create an Instagram account (or) if you don’t have one you can click on the signup option to create a new account.
- Where you can enter your Email id or phone number, Full name, Username, password, and click sign up.
- Then, you will receive an Instagram verification code to your registered email id or phone number.
- Enter the verification code to verify your Instagram account.
3. Profile Setup
Once you have created your account, there will be a “Suggestions For You” to follow. You can either follow the account or skip the suggestion by selecting the profile icon.
- In the Profile section, click on edit profile to update all your information.
- In the edit profile section, you can update profile photo, name, username, bio, email id, phone number, and gender. Then click submit to save all your information.
4. Switch to Business Account
To create a business account, you need to log in to your Instagram account.
- Click on Settings or Edit profile.
- Select switch to a professional account, where you can select business and click next.
- Choose the business category, [For example – Product/services], and click done.
- After that, you need to submit your business information like Email id, Phone number, address, and zip code. And click save.
Once business information is saved, your business account will be created.
5. Share Posts or Videos
Start creating engagement posts/videos and share them in your gallery. It will help to drive post engagement, increase profile visits, and followers. A creative & engaging Instagram account is part of a strong online presence.
Tips to optimizing Instagram business account
10 tips to optimize Instagram business accounts for better growth.
- Choose a simple username to recognize your account.
- Create a branded profile picture.
- Write an attractive bio
- Add Call-to-actions buttons
- Enable your Instagram notification
- Share your profile
- Add tracking link in the bio, it helps to track how users are engaging with your bio
- Create a social media content calendar
- Stay consistent with fonts & colors
- Use captions & hashtags in all your posts
Bonus: 5 secrets Instagram tips you need to know
- Implement two-factor authentication for better security
- Don’t buy Instagram followers, likes & comments
- Revoke access to third-party apps
- Interact 15 min before and after posting
- Tag others in your post