The mobile app industry is thriving & it will be expected to reach $935 billion in revenue by 2023. More than 2 million mobile apps are available to download in both the Apple app store & Google play store, with 3 billion active smartphone users across the globe.
When it comes to the user they always expect something of value from the mobile app. Average smartphone users use 10 apps per day and 30 apps each month. 24% of apps are used only once & 43% of users uninstall apps because of permission & privacy details. Uninstall rates may change based on the app’s performance and its benefits to the users.
Reason for uninstalling mobile app
- Bad user-experience
- Memory consumptions
- Privacy concerns
- Poor onboarding experience
- Lack of value
- Annoying push notifications
- Apps ads
- Crashes & error
- Not fixing the bugs & updating the app regularly
- Slow performance
Tips to reduce mobile app Uninstall rate
Here are the 5 effective tips to reduce mobile app uninstall rate,
1. Offer a special promotion
One of the best ways to attract users, by providing attractive offers & incentives. It will help to win, earn and re-engage with your new & existing customers.
Types of special promotion:
- Buy one & get one free
- Free delivery options
- Gift vouchers
- 10% off discount
- Loyalty cards
- Free workshops
- Students discounts
- Free trials
- Loyalty points
2. Turn your app into community
Increase higher retention rate & generate more app installs with the In-app community. Users are like to connect with others to share some tips, achievements, and other messages that will create a strong bonding with the mobile app. Try these strategies to increase their mobile app engagement – create a communication opportunity, gamify your app, built-in chat, social interaction, and more.
Benefits of In-app community
- Reduce user-acquisition costs
- Increase user through referral
- Increase active users
- Better understanding of users
- Effective communication between users to users & users to developers
3. Boost app engagement with Push Notifications
Push notification is used to alert users with new offers, notifications, & other updates. It is one of the best ways to increase app engagement and retain mobile app users.
Push notification can be,
- App update alerts
- Coupons, discounts, promotions & offers
- Location-based notifications
- Rating, survey, or referral request push notifications
4. Keep the app updated
Updating the app regularly increases user engagement and helps to fix mobile app bugs, upgrade new features, and more.
Advantages of app updates:
- Improving the app UI/UX
- Fix bugs
- Introducing new features
- Fix security vulnerabilities
- Improve app performance and other
- Major & minor updates.
5. Follow simple & effective UX
Simple & effective user experience in the mobile app helps to increase the app engagement rate to 2.5x times higher.
Tips for effective User Experience:
- Focus on your users first
- Easy navigation
- Create a seamless experience across multiple devices
- Focus on user goals
- Allow for personalization
- Minimize data input
Building a mobile app with simple & clear onboarding, creative in-app messaging, performance will help to increase the app engagement from new & existing users. Always learn & test your app from the user’s point of view, it will help to achieve better results and decrease app uninstall rate. Follow the above 5 tips to reduce mobile app uninstall rate and if you need help reach out to email@example.com.